17 November 2013

The Good News Is . . .

I am doing really well at keeping my resolution of spending less time on the internet. This has also meant that I'm blogging less for now because the time I do spend on the computer I need to be doing stuff for my class. I'm taking an online class about creating site-specific dance. I really like it, but with weekly assignments and several video lectures weekly, it's becoming abundantly clear that it would have been extremely difficult for me to complete a bachelors' degree after I started having children. It's difficult for anyone, but I think I particularly would have struggled; just doing this one class is a struggle for me. So major props to all women who manage to complete a degree while raising children!

I still wanted to share my gratitude statuses from facebook, so for this post I'm pretending it's still Friday. :)
  • I'm thankful for my home. I often wish it were a little bigger, or had more storage space, but I am really glad for a safe and warm place that my family can live in.
  • I'm thankful that it's Sunday. Best day of the week in my opinion.  
  • I'm thankful that I can read and for all of the wonderful books that I've been exposed to. (shout out to the Veterans! I'm thankful for them, too)
  • I'm thankful that my cupboards and refrigerator are full of food. I keep hearing about different food drives, and we do our bit to try to help others in need and I am just so grateful that we can!
  • I'm thankful for the technology that allows me to keep better tabs on friends and family.
  • I'm thankful for my husband. We balance each other really well, he keeps me stable in more ways than one, and his confidence has rubbed off on me. Also, I just really enjoy looking at him. ;) 
My aunt commented on last one on facebook, "He is nice eye candy." lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!