02 July 2011

Changes

I'd like to explain my recent changes to the blog. If you are viewing this post directly on the blog (as opposed to some kind of news reader) - you see that new thing on the side that says, "I'm a Mormon"? I've recently created a profile on mormon.org and I wanted to be able to link this blog to my profile for anyone who views it. In order to protect myself and my family I felt that I needed to remove all remnants of our last names and specific location. But I'm rather pleased with the changes.
I personally don't intend to make this blog a journal exactly, but I do like that the changes are very reflective of our beliefs. The domain name was inspired by The Family: A Proclamation to the World. The new title is a phrase from D&C 64:33, which reads:
Wherefore, be not aweary in bwell-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of csmall things proceedeth that which is great.
This scripture currently hangs in my laundry room and it's kind of become a motto of sorts for me, in addition to a few other scriptures. It's appropriate that it hangs in my laundry room - a room that represents all of the mundane, daily tasks that I have to keep our home well-organized, clean, and pleasant. It gives me perspective on doing those little chores. Sure I get tired of them sometimes b/c the work never ends, but I'm creating an atmosphere in our home; and these things, while not the most important aspects of creating that atmosphere are still important.
In short, while the focus of my blog is not changing, it is going to become broader. I'll probably post some testimony-oriented things occasionally. So, keep on reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!