08 January 2009

How big are my kids now?

Dietrich is not growing at the same rate as Kate is of course, but he's growing too. Kate had a check-up a couple of days ago and while we were there we had Dietrich weighed (actually we weighed me with Dietrich, and me without Dietrich and subtracted). He weighs 32 lbs. and he's 3 feet tall. Near the end of April he will be three years old! And no, I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh. I will say that if I lost 10 pounds I'd be fully satisfied with my weight - but I can fit into all of my clothes so I can't complain.
Kate, now 4 1/2 months old is 20 lbs. 10 oz. and 25 1/2 inches long. She's still off the charts for weight, but is in the 90th percentile for height. The doctor noted that she's just following her own curve. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Carston is twice the age of Kate, but he weighs less. She must be on her own chart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like good weights to me. Maybe Kate will grow to be one of those world champion hot dog eaters or something like that....or miss America. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for somewhere in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We took our kids to Urgent care last weekend, and I'm convinced those people really don't know what they're doing!
    They weighed my baby on the big people scale! I've heard that they are not accurate on anything under 30 lbs - and he weighed in at 29 - I don't think he weighs an ounce over 27, that's why they have baby scales!!! I'm just grumpy 'cause I think they prescribed too much medicine!
    BUT, enough of my grumbling!

    Your kids are getting so big! Growing, growing - it goes by so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little man is almost 3?! I am pretty sure he ages faster than most people. Your kids are definitely ahead of the curve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael!! I'm so glad you found my blog, because that means I can see yours now as well. Your kids are completely adorable. Kate would be a good match for my nephew Noah; he's quite the chubster as well.

    E-mail me (sarah.[maidenname]@gmail.com) so we can chat about more life details. I assume you can fill in the blank. And tell Dave hello!

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!