23 November 2013

Fun Friday: I've Just Had an Apostrophe

Gratitude statuses for the week:

  • I'm thankful for people with special skills in crafting. In general, I do not so the Super Saturdays that happen enable me to have things I like in my home for a reasonable price. Thanks to my ward relief society today!
  •  I'm thankful for the blessings of the temple. I don't get to go nearly as often as I'd like, but I have claimed the blessings available only at the temple for myself . . . SO thankful for that. Some things would be too hard to bear without the promise of eternal family.
  • I'm thankful that snow hasn't begun falling in earnest around here. I don't love running, but I do it b/c I love being fit and I strongly prefer running outside. The snow doesn't make that impossible, but much less likely. :)
  • I'm thankful for my warm home.
  • I'm thankful that my mom taught me how to bake whole wheat bread. It makes your house smell awesome, AND it tastes good! :)
  • I'm thankful to know that I'm a daughter of God, and that I have a specific and glorious divine role in His plan.
 IN OTHER NEWS:
Image from http://moviequotesonline.blogspot.com/2013/04/ive-just-had-apostrophe-i-think-you.html






I had an idea the other day that I thought was rather brilliant, but I want some feedback before I put it into action. Once upon a time I saw this handmade bag shared on facebook that I loved and wanted to have made as a gift for my younger sister, but felt that my beginner's level sewing skills weren't up to the task. The friend that had made the bag knew that I had crocheting skills she lacked and she suggested a craft exchange: I'd crochet her a scarf with materials she provided, and she'd make me the bag with the materials I provided. It went swimmingly and we were both satisfied with the exchange.

The world of pinterest has introduced me to many things that I'd like to make and/or have in my home, but for which I have neither the skill nor the appropriate equipment (think Silhouette Portrait/Cameo Projects), and low motivation to purchase the equipment because of the low number of things I would actually personally use it for. What if I were to set up a crafting exchange? Create a group on facebook perhaps, and have a file listed for people to share their names, their locations (for the purpose of determining shipment or personal delivery), their skill sets (including level). Then people could share projects they'd like to have made and share what skills they have to exchange, people could volunteer based on what they want, they'd privately communicate and work out some kind of deal. What do you think? Could it work? Suggestions? Does it even make sense how I've explained it? Feedback welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!