01 November 2013

Fun Friday: Gratitude

Like many people, during the month of November I'll post daily statuses of gratitude on facebook. During this month I'll copy and paste those statuses and share them here on Fridays along with other fun and/or joyful things. First day of November - here is my 'gratitude status' for today:
I'm thankful for the generously expressed love of my children. This morning my little toddler ran into my bedroom, crawled quickly from the foot of the bed to come and snuggle with me for a minute (maybe less) before he just as quickly exited my bed and room. hahaha
Also, here are our Halloween pics:

In costume at a church Halloween party.

With props!
 And a neat story shared on facebook:

Our carved pumpkins - the top two were designed by my two oldest.


Pumpkin Story
(source unknown to me)

A lady had recently been baptized. One of her co-workers asked her about what it was like being a Christian. She was caught off guard and didn't know how to answer, but when she looked over she saw a jack-o-lantern on the desk and answered, "It's like being a pumpkin”.

The worker asked her to explain that one. “Well, God picks you from the patch and brings you in and washes off all the dirt on the outside that you got from being around all the other pumpkins. Then he cuts off the top and takes out all the yucky stuff from the inside. He removes all those seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc... Then he carves you a new smiling face and he puts His light inside of you to shine for all to see”.



"Let your light so shine . . . " Happy Friday! And Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!