05 November 2012

Halloween 2012

We had a fun-filled Halloween. The businesses in our town host trick-or-treating in the late afternoon, and we've done that every year we've lived here (we're in our fourth year). This year was no exception. Immediately after that we went to a tri-ward trunk-or-treat. It's not as big as it sounds. :) The wards (congregations formed by location) in our valley are all on the small side - mostly because of the number of people that are no longer 'active' in the church. However, with that and the Halloween Hoopla in town my kids get a good haul, and we have no need to consider doing traditional trick-or-treating. That's a win, folks! After all of the we went home to have a candle-lit dinner of mummy dogs and non-themed sides, and a really cool Halloween cake. My kids really thought it was cool to eat by candlelight - I recommend it.

David dressed as a teenager. He borrowed his clothing from a high schooler.  If you think the picture's funny, you should have seen him walk! I could hardly stop laughing. :)

I hadn't even planned on dressing up, but I figured that if David could dress as a teenager, then so could I.  Since that day David has become more aware of how accurate my costume was. hahaha

Dietrich is supposed to be Aragorn, a.k.a. Strider from  "The Lord of the Rings". 

Karate Kid. He was kind enough to keep the headband on since he saw that I wanted a picture.  hahaha

Three-headed dragon. Her choice. I was kind of relieved she didn't want to do anything over-the-top girly, but I did not discourage her from it. Call me weird, but I have been shying away from princess-y stuff for her from the beginning. I'd have to give it some thought before I could explain why, though.

Now on to Thanksgiving! Yea!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!