03 May 2012

Three for Thursdays: Dietrich's b-day

Three Facebook status updates from this week:

  • Who needs Wii Fit if you've got Wii Just Dance? Wooo! Fun stuff. Happy birthday to my crazy six year-old. Man, he's growing up fast.
  • Was talking to a tech support guy on the phone about my printer/computer (he was a little hard to understand). I had to leave a couple of times for my kids and explained that. He asked me if I was a housewife and I said yes. He chuckled. Why did he chuckle?
  • Lesson learned from tonight's dinner: spinach is only worthwhile eating when fresh. No exceptions - for me anyway. :)
Three favorite candies:

  • Reese's P.B. Cups
  • Sour Patch Watermelons! Got some in bulk from Winco recently - it's shocking how quickly they disappeared.
  • Lindt chocolate truffles
Three BIG plans for the future:

  • Go to Hawaii with my husband. My sister's husband is being stationed in Oahu very soon, so this could conceivably happen. Crossing my fingers!
  • Run a marathon. Probably you're sick of hearing about it. I'm sick of thinking about it. But in a week I'll begin training for it, so get used to it! :)
  • Travel Europe. Okay, so that's not so much a plan as it is a dream. Quite possibly unattainable, but I can still dream about it, can't I?
Three things I say to my children that I ought to mind myself:

  • Go to sleep. I have no problem going to sleep, but somehow I always end up going to bed later than I should/want to. Hm.
  • You can only have dessert on Sundays and Mondays. I feel kind of bad about this one. I heard it myself all growing up. I feel badly about it b/c I have a dessert or something dessert-like pretty much every night. Is that bad? I'm nursing is my current excuse . . . and after that it will be that I can have it as long as my portions are reasonable.
  • No singing at the table. I've mostly got a handle on this one - it was a rule at my parents' home, too. Occasionally I'll break the rule, though. It's funny when my kids catch me at it and tell me what I tell them. :)
Three things I would buy with Amazon gift certificates if I had any:
 I have SO many things on my wish list, but I do have priorities . . .

  • Triathlon gear
  • Wii Remote Plus
  • Sheet music
Three pictures:
Recently celebrated Dietrich's 6th birthday. Whoa.


Isn't that banner beautiful?! My amazing sister-in-law made it. I should say one of my amazing sisters-in-law. :)

Blowing out the candles on his specifically requested rainbow cake.

Yes, rainbow cake. I made it! This is by far the most effort I've exerted to make a cake. That said, it wasn't actually crazy hard. It's pretty, though isn't it? Totally worth it - Dietrich was both impressed and pleased.

2 comments:

  1. such a pretty cake! i love your 3 for Thursday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job on that cake! I laughed when I read your status about the tech guy chuckling. He must be related to the cable guy I talked to months ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!