09 June 2011

3 For Thursdays

Explanation: a friend of mine started doing posts with prompts recently. She was inspired by someone else's blog (today, it was The House of Estrogen). I thought it was a fun idea, so I'm giving it a try.

1. Three favorite items of clothing
(probably different from times I'm not pregnant :)
  • Maternity belt
  • BellaBand
  • Maternity goucho pants
2. Three things in my house that I wish were self-cleaning
  • Kitchen
  • Laundry room
  • All areas that need dusting ever
3. Three favorite summertime lunches
  • PB&J
  • Grilled cheese
  • Lunchmeat sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce (or spinach) and vegetable cream cheese
4. Three things my children say that they picked up from me
  • "What the crap!" Seriously, I heard my son say it for the first time this morning. Sad! Good thing I'm not in the habit of actually swearing. :/ So far, my two year-old hasn't picked this one up.
  • "Up to the table!"
  • "That's crazy!"
5. Three good movie recommendations
  • Kung Fu Panda 2
  • Sabrina (Harrison Ford, Julia Ormond version)
  • Any Brian Regan DVD
6. Three inexpensive date night ideas
  • Movie in the park (with your laptop; also can be done in your backyard)
  • Slumber party :)
  • Okay, so both previous ideas are somebody else's; check out the Love, Actually blog. Love it!
7. Three favorite flowers
  • Yellow roses
  • Gerber daisies
  • Tulips
8. Three places I'd like to visit
There are SO many! Guess I'll go with the ones I'd like to visit the most.
  • Russia - where my husband served his LDS mission
  • Europe . . . yep, pretty much all of it (I've got to visit the Louvre, and Italy - probably Florence
  • A balmy island that can be rented in its entirety. Just me and my man, with absolutely no one else. Mmmmm . . .
9. Three good habits that I practice
  • Not biting my nails - but my husband had to train me. Mom was unsuccessful. haha
  • Doing a little bit of cleaning almost every day. It's a lot easier than saving it all for one day of the week.
  • Eating. hahaha It's a good habit when you aren't eating too much and are eating a variety of foods. :D
10. Three pictures


Messing around with my Canon recently (came across what was essentially a free photography class). My son was an eager subject. :D

I was a less willing subject. I have never taken a "baby bump" picture until today (which isn't too crazy unless you know that this is my THIRD pregnancy). Yesterday was my 37 week mark. Sidenote: my nose is not usually that large looking - that's a perk of pregnancy. ;)

This illustrates what my husband does for a living - at least partially. He's an athletic trainer for the high schools in our school district. So he watches high school sports, and mostly enjoys it. (He's hot, right? I am a lucky woman)

3 comments:

  1. love this.

    such a cute baby bump! you are all baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2- hand your kids a damp rag and teach them to dust

    #4- you really need to clean up your language sis - that's a very crude phrase your poor boy already knows

    #9- I did the cleaning everyday thing until I started homeschooling, now we all get it done together on Saturday morning so I don't have to stress the rest of the week. Just saying, times of life change and what is easier changes with it. My kids clean all the bathrooms already! Yea!

    #10- darling picture of Dietrich and I love the baby bump :) Also, on the nose, you are probably getting some lens distortion. And what website did you use for your photography lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!! I'm so glad you're playing! I'm glad you found it on Katy's blog, since I was slow in posting mine this week. But it doesn't look like you entered the give-away!

    Go back to thehouseofestrogen and click on "click here to enter" after her Three for Thursday post. So that she knows you're playing too!

    I love that picture of Dietrich! Your baby "bump" picture is great! And you're right, Dave looks pretty good - very athletic and studly ;)

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!