18 October 2013

Fun Friday: Developing Talents

My husband and I have a fancy DSLR camera. We purchased it a few years ago, and we love it. Shooting in auto mode it's almost impossible to take a bad picture. But it's such an amazing camera, and I love good photography - I've wanted to get out of auto mode and become a skilled photographer. I've also wanted to take classes, but haven't had the money/time, or the classes were no longer available. I've had free instruction pinned on pinterest but haven't had the time/motivation/subjects to bother with them. Until last Saturday. I've shared these desires of mine with a good friend, and she decided recently that she needed a current family picture. So she asked me to do it. I crammed a little bit on some of the shorter tutorials on pinterest and headed out to meet her family in a location that I knew someone else had taken some lovely family photos at last year. I think I did rather well (not to toot my own horn or anything). Here are some of my favorites:







My paternal grandfather used to own his own photography studio and I've seen some of his stuff - it was pretty darn good. Maybe I've inherited some of his talent? A girl can hope. :) Also hoping to do my own family photos this Saturday with a tripod and a self-timer. Hope that works out with three littles, one of whom is a toddler. hahaha

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Rachael! Wish you were closer so you could take one for us to send with Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! That would be fun. I really enjoyed this experience.

      Delete
  2. I follow a blogger, who gives great pointers, and if you click on any of her photos on her page you can she everything she used. Here is the blog: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/ I think you did a great job on the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great! That still just a daydream for me :/ Lately I don't even pick up my camera. Good for you on getting out there and trying!

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!