Three objects to my left:
- Cereal box which I attempted to make into a magazine holder. It's a little too small, and very unstable. What a dissatisfying attempt that was. Oh well.
- A silver and gold pom pom. It's one of the free things that were available when I ran a 5K in Idaho Falls awhile back. The kids like them, but it's for the University of Idaho. Need to get a BYU one. :)
- A stack of Dietrich's school work. It's not terribly deep, it just represents stuff that I need to sort through to decide what to keep, and what to throw out. Of course, when I say keep I mean scan into the computer and then toss. *sigh* I'm so glad for digital files.
Three songs I can’t get out of my head:
This is a strange one . . . who ever has three songs stuck in their head at once?
- Right now Kate is singing "C is for Cookie". Pretty sure that one will be staying in my head today.
- Watched a clip of a little girl singing "Someone Like You" with Adele. I don't even necessarily like that song, but that will be featured in my head today as well.
- And now my baby's crying so I can't think of any other songs at all. :/
Three favorite Halloween movies (or songs):
- "Monster Mash"
- There's some spooky sounding organ piece that I don't know the name of and I don't know the composer (possibly Bach, though) . . . but I love it! It's a classic Halloween piece.
- "Ernest, Scared Stupid" is funny if you enjoy Ernest. I do. Although I won't show this one to my kids b/c I found it a little bit scary as a kid. In a few years, though. :D
Three things I’ve learned to just let go of:
- Perfection, now. I fully expect to be able to attain that at some point in eternity, but I'm at peace with the fact that I may not even get close to it in this life. In my previous misunderstanding of the Atonement, it was devastating to realize that because I didn't understand that I wasn't expected to become perfect on my own; I just knew that I had been commanded to be perfect so I thought I was done for!
- My pre-baby body. I'm not getting it back in this life. And that's okay. I just want to maintain health and fitness.
- I'm not the mother I imagined I'd be. I am still shooting for that ideal, but I'm not beating myself up for falling short.
Three reasons I could wear the Super Woman costume on Halloween:
- I've run a 5K and am training for a 10K, and my baby is just under 4 months old.
- I'm crocheting two of my children's Halloween costumes.
- I'm a stay-at-home mom. I AM super woman. :) hahaha
|Dietrich as a skeleton last year - this costume got us through two Halloweens, and we bought it on clearance. :D|
|The sweetest looking witch ever. This pic is also from last year.|
|Halloween party my senior year - little did I know then that I'd get to keep this hottie forever! I am the luckiest. :)|