05 March 2009

Our family excursion

It's Spring Break, folks, and that means we can spend some quality time together as a family! Since we don't know how long we'll be in Montana we've (David and I) talked several times about going to places that are nearby us. Pompey's pillar is one of those places.This is the view of Pompey's Pillar from the parking lot. You can also see the visitor's center, which happens to be closed at this time of year. However, I think we enjoyed our time here better as we gave ourselves a self-guided tour than otherwise. Plus there were no crowds.

You can't really tell from this picture, but what Dietrich and I are standing by are canoes dug out from tree trunks, which is what Lewis & Clark traveled in with their guides (at least by water). The canoes were covered up for the winter. But we did peek inside (shh).

The view from the top of the pillar.

Behind Dietrich and me is a framed/preserved carving by William Clark. I did get a close-up picture, but decided to post what I thought would be more interesting to a viewer (people).

Some geese lounging on the frozen part of the Yellowstone River. I thought it was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!