22 October 2008

A Tag

I was actually tagged FOREVER ago by my sister-in-law Tonia. I am slowly checking off little things like this off my list. Amazing how hard it is to get around to things like this these days.

The Rules:
•Link the person(s) who tagged you.
•Mention the rules on your blog.
•Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
•Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
•Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I have had a hard time thinking of these, but other people's responses to similar tags have given me inspiration . . .

1. I prefer (to the point of near obsession) that things be symmetrical. If not symmetrical then they must be balanced. But symmetrical is what I prefer.

2. I hate (and I really mean hate) making phone calls. Truly, my Mom is the only person whom I feel comfortable calling just to talk. I only call other people when I have a purpose, and only when it's absolutely necessary. I'd much rather call and say, "Let's meet up somewhere." I don't know - something about the phone makes me tongue-tied and super awkward. It's almost a phobia.

3. I discovered recently that there is something I do that is supposedly a man's habit. I have previously referred to it as 'spacing out,' but a comedian (I think - help me out Tonia) referred to it as going to my "nothing box." This is supposed to be a man's favorite place to go in his head. He goes there and let's his mind go blank and think nothing. I do this quite often. And David never does. His mind is constantly going. Isn't that funny?

4. I love bright and bold colors. Pasty pastels I despise (unless they're on babies), neutrals make me feel that way (neutral), and I really don't like pink. One exception to that is hot pink. I don't own any, but I probably could. I just haven't been able to bring myself to purchase or try on anything pink for the longest time.

5. I feel that ice cream is a perfectly acceptable breakfast food - as long as fruit is also part of breakfast. Waffles and ice cream with strawberries on top is good, but waffles with peanut butter and ice cream and chocolate syrup is also acceptable. In my mind, ice cream is better to have in the morning in terms of calories; you have all day to burn breakfast calories, and all of the sleeping night to burn dessert calories - and as you know not much gets burned while you're sleeping. Cakes are also acceptable for breakfast if they have fruit in them, or if they have oatmeal in them. For example: banana cake, applesauce spice cake, oatmeal cake . . .

6. I lack a skill that the 'typical' woman is supposed to have . . . that of multi-tasking. Can't do it. David multi-tasks much better than me. I can only do one thing at a time.

I've seen this tag done with seven and eight things too so . . .

7. My closet has been carefully sorted in some way for most of my life. Right now it's sorted by color (in the order of the rainbow). Before I used that system, I had a pair of pants and then the shirts that went with those pants, the next pair of pants and the shirts that went with those ones . . . this system worked out better when there were several colors of pants. That look (oddly enough) has come back, but I'm not going to do it. I do have a shirt in every single color, but I don't have sweaters in every single color. I need a green one.

8. When I read books I have what I call "tunnel vision." While I'm reading the book is all I can see or hear. If you're going to get my attention, you'll have to get right into my face or shake me a little bit. The rule's the same if you want to wake me up. :-) I'm a super deep sleeper. Kate's usually the only one I can hear right now.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the phone phobia! I'm all about business phone calls. No small talk. I was actually going to put it on my tag, but was afraid that it would prevent people from calling me and I didn't want to feel like a total loser ... so I tried to think of other things to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! If people called me I might worry about that, but they don't. lol I don't mind at all when people call me, just when I'm the initiator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy who talks about the "nothing box is Mark Gungor and the link to the video is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuMZ73mT5zM&feature=related

    HILARIOUS! Worth watching!

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!