16 January 2008

A fearful venture into blogging

I have been considering starting a blog for sometime now. I've been nervous because of security reasons I suppose - what if Dave or I attract a stalker or something weird? We are pretty hot after all. ;-) But I've decided that if I am cautious and don't post any clear information regarding our location I could probably do it. I also have several friends who have ventured and I've subscribed to every one of their blogs at my account with bloglines.com. Anyway, the main point is, if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me. Besides, my sister-in-law (Lauren) will be thrilled with regular postings of pictures of her nephew. The things I do to please people. :-)

4 comments:

  1. woohoo! I'm so glad you started a blog. I too, am worried about stalkers, but if you go into the settings of your blog you can change it so that search engines can't search for you or anything, so the only way someone can find you is through someone else. Cool huh! (you probably already knew that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or you can make your blog private and have it be password protected to be viewed by only those whom you invite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! you are a part of the blog world. You can check out my blog as well. It's kind of fun to look at everyone's blog to see what they're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two things for you... Okay, first off, if you want to go really private on your blog, go into customize your blog. Go to settings and then go to permissions. From there you can make your blog private and only those that you put on their are able to see it through their password and what not. If you need help, let me know. Second of all, Shawn and I were going through the calendar last night and we know Dietrich's B-day and also Dave's, but we don't know yours. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if we can get that? Thanks. YOu're the best. I hope all is well with you guys. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete

Think before you post: Is it true? Is it helpful? Is it inspiring? Is it necessary? Is it kind? Thanks for commenting!